IN YOUR DAILY DOSE today is research that brings scientists one step closer to identifying the enzymes and processes that speed or slow the aging process in your skin and potentially in other organs.
IN MAKING CHANGES today are strategies you can use today that will help slow the aging process which don’t include the use of a pharmaceutical miracle pill.
IN FACT OR FICTION you’ll discover just how important Daniel Boone was to the history of the United States. Although a colorful television figure in the 1970s, the real man was much more.
In The News
Scientists from Newcastle University in the UK have discovered the activity of a key metabolic enzyme found in what might be termed the ‘batteries’ of the human cells, will decline with age. These findings could also lead to a better understanding of how other organs inside the body age and how we can slow that process and potentially affect the diagnosis of age related diseases, such as cancer.
The process of aging is more easily seen in the skin in the form of wrinkles and sagging skin, but also happens in organs you can’t see. Professor Mark Birch-Machin, lead author of the study was quoted in Science Daily, saying,
“This enzyme is the hinge between the two important ways of making energy in our cells and a decrease in its activity contributes to decreased bio-energy in ageing skin.Our research means that we now have a specific biomarker, or a target, for developing and screening anti-ageing treatments and cosmetic creams that may counter this decline in bio-energy. There is now a possibility of finding anti-ageing treatments which can be tailored to differently aged and differently pigmented skin, and with the additional possibility to address the ageing process elsewhere in our bodies."
Daily Health Tip
There are enzymes that drive your health and wellness and you can help drive the enzymes and hormones with the decisions you make each day. This means that the food you put in your mouth, the amount of sleep you get and the amount of exercise you get all have an impact.
Your aging shows first in your face. You can tell when your friend hasn’t had enough sleep or your children are starting to feel sick. And the same can be said of you as well. Here are five things - you probably already know! - that you must do every day to improve your health and reduce your aging speed.
1. Eat foods high in healthy fats (like avocados and nuts) and very low in carbohydrates. These food choices balance your insulin, leptin, grehlin and blood sugar levels, reduce your appetite and improve your health.
2. Get at least 30 minutes of cardiovascular exercise each day AND don’t sit behind a desk all day. Get up every 15 to 20 minute to move around and get the blood pumping.
3. Sleep at least 8 hours each night. Your organs and brain need the time to detoxify.
4. Drink enough water to stay well hydrated. Your kidneys need the water to flush out toxins and your GI tract needs it to prevent constipation.
5. Reduce your stress levels using strategies that work for you. You might enjoy yoga, reading, nature, or find that engaging with friends and family help to reduce your stress. Whatever you do - find something and use it!
My Daily Affirmation
When I cook, I make more than I need and freeze the rest. As a result, I always have healthy, home-cooked meals that I can just heat and eat, eliminating the need for fast food on days when I am too busy to cook.
I avoid temptation by keeping junk food out of my house altogether.
Fact Or Fiction?
Daniel Boone was many things and played many roles in the formation of the United States. The exploits of just one adventure was brought to life in a book by Cooper. Click here to find out what adventure and what book!
Have a wonderful day!
Your Healthy Life America Team