IN YOUR DAILY DOSE: today is research demonstrating that adding cinnamon to your daily diet may have some health benefits.
MAKING CHANGES: It’s easy if you like cinnamon - and if you don’t we have another technique you can use.
FACT OR FICTION: We can’t get to work, visit family and friends or get from point A to point B without them in the time they take us. But, they are more complex today than they were just 5 years ago. Does this make them more efficient or just more complicated?
In The News
Scientists have known that cinnamon helps reduce your risk of Type 2 diabetes, but in this study they analyzed the action that cinnamon takes in your body. Their findings appeared in the journal Metabolism and demonstrated that the oil in cinnamon that gives the spice it’s characteristic flavor interacts with fat cells in your body and speeds the metabolism in those cells, burning more calories and helping you to lose weight.
Daily Health Tip
What and when you eat has a significant effect on your ability to maintain your weight.
The research was done using cinnamon oil which has not been evaluated for long term side effects. Another method of changing the fuel your body uses and burning calories is intermittent fasting. It’s easy to incorporate fasting or intermittent fasting into your routine. There are three different ways of fasting:
- Fast from dinner until lunch making sure you go over 12 hours between meals.
- Fast two days a week for 24 hours.
- Combine the two types fasting for 24 hours once a week and between dinner and lunch or lunch and breakfast the remaining days of the week.
Remember to drink enough water that your urine is a light straw color to stay hydrated and eat plenty of healthy saturated fats to fuel your body.
I analyze my exercise routine on a regular basis to make adjustments. The fitness changes I make are important for my overall health and future.
I notice how a difficult workout affects my body, so I can stop before an injury occurs. I trust my body's ability to inform me of my boundaries. I carefully listen to my intuition and my mind during these moments.
Fact or Fiction?
We can’t get to work, visit family and friends or get from point A to point B without them in the time they take us. But, they are more complex today than they were just 5 years ago. Does this make them more efficient or just more complicated?
According to Liberty Mutual Insurance:
- The newer model of cars will tell you where to fill up. Look at the gas gauge for small arrow - it points to the side of the car where you’ll fill up.
- All the newer models are being run by a computer. It can tell your mechanic where the problem is and how to get it fixed.
- Don’t lose your car keys! You can’t just get one duplicated and they are expensive to replace. They start at $50.00 and can cost as much as $150.00
- Although you measure your engine’s output in horsepower, one horsepower isn’t equal to the power of one horse. In fact, one horse produces 0.7 horsepower.
- There are self-driven cars currently being sold and driven. Nevada was the first state to authorize these cars and ask for a driver’s license for the CAR.
Have a wonderful day!
Your Healthy Life America Team