IN YOUR DAILY DOSE today you’ll discover an easy tip that can increase your weight loss efforts. This is easier than counting points, counting calories, weighing foods, or recording your eating habits in a diary.
IN MAKING CHANGES today are several strategies you can use that will jumpstart your weight loss efforts without too much effort.
IN FACT OR FICTION you’ll discover the funny way that Super Tuesday was determined. Presidential elections had to include as many new Americans as possible. This is how they worked it out.
In The News
Weight loss is difficult, challenging and requires lifelong changes to be permanent. In research, scientists found one small change you can make at the dinner table that will improve your weight loss efforts and your results.
In the past there have been over 50 studies looking at whether using smaller plates would increase weight loss. There didn’t appear to be a consensus until researchers did a meta-analysis of those 50 studies and found that smaller plates really do decrease the amount of food you consume and will improve your weight loss efforts.
According to Science Daily, “Combining all the studies showed that halving the plate size led to a 30% reduction in amount of food consumed on average. In the case of plates, reducing the diameter by 30% halves the area of the plate and reduces consumption by 30%.”
Daily Health Tip
Maintaining an appropriate weight will reduce your risk of several different illnesses - such as diabetes, cardiovascular disease, heart attack, stroke and some cancers. Using some basic strategies consistently will help improve your weight loss efforts. Making small changes over time will allow you to lose weight gradually and keep it off.
1. Use a smaller plate and fill it up. The perception is that you are eating a LOT but the reality is that you are eating calories well within your limits to lose weight.
2. Drink at least 8, 8-ounce glasses of water each day and stay hydrated. The first sign of dehydration is actually hunger.
3. Sleep at least 8 hours each night. This will reduce your desire to eat in order to overcome sleepiness.
4. Exercise at least 30 minutes each day and don’t spend 8 hours a day sitting behind a desk. Sitting for 8 hours will erase the benefits of working out for 30 minutes.
5. Reduce your carbohydrates to 100 grams or less each day. This will reduce your cravings for sugars and carbohydrates.
My Daily Affirmation
My family unit consists of my biggest supporters. I know without a doubt that my family members have my best interests at heart. They understand my direction.
Relationships with family members help to keep me grounded in the midst of success. They remind me to stay humble even when I am doing well. That kind of support encourages me to be my best self.
Fact Or Fiction?
Super Tuesday is election day. It falls on the same Tuesday of November every four years. Do you know how the government determined it should be on a Tuesday in November?
It was a practical date. The nation was young and largely rural and family communities. Early November was the best time because it was between harvest and winter - which meant the farmers could get to the polls after harvest and before the roads became impassable!
Have a wonderful day!
Your Healthy Life America Team