IN YOUR DAILY DOSE: today is research from Berlin, Germany demonstrating what may be done using deep brain stimulation to reduce fatigue.
MAKING CHANGES: If you suffer from this neurological disease, continue to watch these studies and talk with your physician about your options.
FACT OR FICTION: Here are some fun facts about your nervous system - Bet you don’t know at least two of these!
In The News
Nearly 90 percent of people with multiple sclerosis will suffer from fatigue due to their illness. Researchers from Berlin, Germany have demonstrated in a pilot study that deep brain stimulation - used in the treatment of Parkinson’s disease - improved symptoms of fatigue in people with MS. The team used stimulation three times deeper than normally used, three times a week for six weeks without any obvious side effects.
If you suffer from this neurological disease, continue to watch these studies and talk with your physician about your options.
Positive energy surrounds me.
I radiate positive energy. I connect to the beneficial forces that surround me.
Fact or Fiction?
Your nervous system is responsible for controlling your body. Here are several fun facts about how it functions.
- You have more nerve cells in your brain than there are stars in the Milky-Way galaxy.
- If you lined up all the neurons in your body it would measure over 600 miles long.
- There are 100 billion neurons just in your brain.
- As you get older, your brain loses weight; almost 1 gram every year.
- Your newborn baby loses half their nerve cells BEFORE they are born.
- On average you use only 4 percent of your brain at any one time.
- Your nervous system transmits information at a speed of 100 meters per second.
Have a wonderful day!
Your Healthy Life America Team