IN YOUR DAILY DOSE today is research which shows one more way that estrogen protects women over men. Although there is a strong protective effect, it doesn’t mean that you can play with fire.
IN MAKING CHANGES today are strategies you can use, man or woman, to prevent the transmission of a cold or the flu to you.
IN FACT OR FICTION you’ll discover a few natural laws you were never taught in school. For instance, did you know that the Law of Probability states that the probability of being watched is directly proportional to the stupidity of the act?
In The News
The flu is an illness caused by a virus which is more potent than a cold. You will have a high fever, body aches, headache and feel badly. Once the fever is gone you are often left with cold-like symptoms and a cough. Symptoms of the flu can last up to 4 weeks after the initial fever.
Researchers have found that estrogen has an anti-viral effect against influenza A, which commonly causes the flu. The virus will infect your body and cause sickness when it enters the cells and makes copies of itself inside the host cell. Researchers found that estrogen reduced the ability of the flu virus to multiply. Other studies have shown that estrogen may protect against HIV, Ebola and hepatitis viruses as well.
This study supports the findings from previous studies which demonstrated the protective effects of estrogen against the flu.
Daily Health Tip
Although estrogen may have a protective effect against the flu, additional estrogen also has detrimental effects on your body. Adding hormones to your chemical mix has produced negative effects over the long-term, such as cancer, increased anger, and problems with sexual functioning.
There are other ways of preventing a cold or reducing the effect on your body.
1. Wash your hands when you have been in public, have touched your face or when you have a cold.
2. Take vitamin C, D3 and zinc daily. If your body is deficient in any of these you are more susceptible to colds and the flu.
3. Get 7-8.5 hours of sleep each night. Your immune system will function more optimally when you have enough sleep.
4. Reduce or eliminate all sugar and alcohol. These substances reduce the efficiency of your immune system.
5. Wipe down your workspace. Although your immune system needs to be primed with a few bacteria, there is no need to overwhelm the system.
My Daily Affirmation
1. In what ways can I offer support to those who are always there for me?
2. In which situations am I better off making my own decisions without advice?
3. How do I handle differences of opinion between me and my support team?
Fact Or Fiction?
You’ll love these natural laws you were never taught in school. Click here to read more.
Have a wonderful day!
Your Healthy Life America Team