IN YOUR DAILY DOSE today you’ll discover a specific way of thinking that is bad for your health. You already know that what you think will more likely become reality than if you don’t think it at all. Researchers have discovered something that could help you lose and maintain your weight more easily.
IN MAKING CHANGES today are suggestions you can use to improve your self-talk and what your inner voice is saying.
IN FACT OR FICTION today you’ll discover a feared species of fish that has a kitchen name.
In The News
Researchers analyzed data from over 8,000 men and women. They found that individuals who believe that their weight was outside their control tended to engage in more activities which resulted in being overweight. They didn’t exercise, ate high calorie foods and satisfied their needs for the short-term. Individuals who didn’t believe they had control over their weight and were growing older didn’t read food labels, didn’t exercise, and also ate more frozen and restaurant meals.
Previous research had found gender differences when men and women believed that their weight was predetermined in their exercise and eating habits, but in this research study they did not find evidence of these differences.
Daily Health Tip
Maintaining your health, wellness and weight is within your grasp. Some of your weight management might be controlled by DNA, but that has yet to be proven. However, researchers do know that the variety of bacteria in your gut, your exercise and your eating habits do have an impact on your weight management efforts.
You can make significant changes to your weight management results when you follow some simple rules.
1. Drink enough water to stay hydrated each day. Your urine should be a light straw color. If it’s a darker yellow you aren’t drinking enough and if it’s almost clear then you are drinking too much.
2. Sleep 8 hours each night. Research has shown that when you are tired you will eat more to stay awake and make poorer food choices.
3. Eat fermented foods several times a week or take a probiotic each day to keep the bacteria in your gut well balanced.
4. Reduce the amount of sugar and carbohydrates you eat each day. These foods will spike your blood sugar and then it will plummet. When your sugar goes down you will get hungry and it will be more difficult to resist temptation. Sugars and carbohydrates also are higher in empty calories.
5. Exercise at least 30 minutes each day. If you work behind a desk all day, get up every 20 minutes and stretch.
My Daily Affirmation
I manage stress with exercise.
I get through challenging times by pushing myself to work out. When I exercise, I have an opportunity to zone out. It gives me something to focus on so I can take my mind off difficulties. It is easy to relieve the stress because working out takes a lot of effort to get it right.
Fact Or Fiction?
It’s a Cookie Cutter that doesn’t belong in your kitchen or anyone else’s either. This fish is part of a species of fish that is feared by most people. Click here to find out which species!
Have a wonderful day!
Your Healthy Life America Team