IN YOUR DAILY DOSE: today is research demonstrating using this medication to treat your gout may improve your heart health.
MAKING CHANGES: Nothing today!
FACT OR FICTION: You either love them or you hate them.
In The News
Researchers from the University of Cincinnati have found probenecid, a drug used to treat gout for years, may be able to improve heart function. Dr. Jack Rubenstien, associate professor of Cardiovascular Health and Disease commented:
"The medicine works in ways we know about and in ways we don't know about. For the past four or five years we have been figuring out some of the ways the medicine works. We have figured out a lot of them, but there is still a lot we don't know."
Today, my motivation to keep training strengthens with each goal I hit. The sweet smell of success keeps me moving forward.
1. How do I know whether my fitness goals are conservative or aggressive?
2. Which positive reinforcement techniques can I apply to my fitness journey?
3. What factors are influencing me to push towards even greater fitness?
Fact or Fiction?
You either love them or you hate them. Cats are independent, furry little creatures who entered our homes and lives, giving comfort and warmth in a very austere manner.
- Cats are more popular pets than dogs. There are 88 million cats compared to 74 million dogs.
- Cats ears can swivel in many directions. They have 32 muscles that control their ears, while you have just 6.
- Cats have a deep need for rest and sleep, spending about 70 percent of their lives in slumber.
- Owning a cat can reduce your risk of heart attack and stroke by about one third.
- One study found that neutered male cats live approximately 62 percent longer than unneutered males.
Have a wonderful day!
Your Healthy Life America Team