IN YOUR DAILY DOSE: today is research from Cedars Sinai Medical Center analyzing the effect of an amino acid on breast cancer.
MAKING CHANGES: The Human Genome Project proved over nearly 5 decades that cancer is the result of your environmental exposures and not genetics. You can make a difference in your own life by the decisions you make each day.
FACT OR FICTION: It’s Health Week! Fun facts about your skin that will help you to stay healthy!
In The News
Researchers from Cedar Sinai Medical Center demonstrates a single amino acid found in certain foods may increase your risk of developing breast cancer. Limiting the amino acid asparagine may help reduce the spread of triple-negative breast cancer to distant sites in the body. The researchers used a mouse model and limited asparagine through dietary restrictions.
Daily Health Tip
You have control over your health through control of the air you breathe, foods you eat, water you drink, exercise, movement and sleep.
I start my day with a boost from the morning sun. Drinking in sunlight helps me to wake up in the morning and sleep well at night. I take a run through the park or eat my breakfast in the backyard.
I enjoy encouragement and support from others.
Fact or Fiction?
It’s health week at Healthy Life America and Daily Dose America. Today, we’re sharing some fun facts about your skin, or integumentary system.
- Your skin is the largest organ in your body; it can absorb nutrients from the environment.
- Then entire integumentary system consists of your skin, hair and nails, designed to protect the rest of your body.
- Every month your body produces another layer of skin.
- You shed 40 pounds of skin over your lifetime.
- You LOSE 30,000 to 40,000 dead skin cells every minute.
- Your hair grows 1 cm a month and your nails 0.5 mm per week.
- Your skin is also known as your “birthday suit.”
Have a wonderful day!
Your Healthy Life America Team