IN YOUR DAILY DOSE: today is research that demonstrates the longer you breastfeed your infant, the lower your risk of hypertension once you pass menopause.
MAKING CHANGES: Breastfeeding is very healthy for your child and for your own health - we’ll give multiple reasons to consider it!
FACT OR FICTION: Price the Mona Lisa
In The News
Breastfeeding was once the only way to feed your infant. With the advent of formula feeding, manufacturers attempted to convince the public that your child could only be raised on formula. Thankfully, this notion is now recognized for the financially motivated stand that it is and pediatricians are once again recommending you breastfeed your child for as long as possible for the health of your child, including a reduced risk of future obesity, diabetes, hypertension and ADD.
Researchers are now recognizing that breastfeeding also has a positive impact on the health of the mother as well, reducing her risk of hypertension as she ages.
Daily Health Tip
Breastfeeding exclusively for the first six months imparts a great deal of health benefits on you and your child.
Women who breastfeed their infants experience these benefits:
- Children who exclusively breastfeed for the first six months have fewer ear infections, diarrhea and respiratory illnesses.
- Breastfeeding supports your child’s developing immune system.
- Breastfeeding lowers the risk your child will experience allergies and asthma.
- Breastfeeding helps support the growth of your child’s gut microbiome, vital to their immune system.
- Breastfeeding helps you lose weight and tone after your child is born.
- Breastfeeding reduces your risk of breast cancer and hypertension as you age.
- Breastfeeding is linked to higher IQ in the children.
- Breastfeeding improves bonding between mother and child.
- Helps prevent sudden infant death syndrome (SIDS)
- Lowers your risk of osteoporosis.
When I am at work, I do a good job collaborating with others. A big part of my success with teamwork is my ability to meet others halfway.
Although I am in charge of my team, I avoid placing less emphasis on their viewpoint. I take the time to listen to their perspective and provide workable counter proposals. This approach allows me to drive success while still having the support of my team.
Fact or Fiction?
The Mona Lisa has the highest insurance value for a painting. The painting is on permanent display at The Louvre museum in Paris and was assessed at 100 million dollars on December 14, 1962. With inflation those dollars are now at 780 million dollars!
Have a wonderful day!
Your Healthy Life America Team