IN YOUR DAILY DOSE: today is research published in PLOS ONE demonstrating the link between fitness and inflammation.
MAKING CHANGES: Fitness is an important foundational piece of your health and wellness. We’ll give you strategies to integrate it into your daily routine.
FACT OR FICTION: Taking one to two tablespoons of this each day can help regulate your blood sugar, reduce the inflammatory response in your body and can be found on your grocery store shelves. What is it?
In The News
Research published in PLOS ONE demonstrates that reduced level of fitness leads to a growing waistline. This growing waistline increases your level of inflammation in your body that in turn leads to chronic illness and disease.
Daily Health Tip
Exercise and movement are foundational requirements for your health and wellness. Include exercise in your daily routine and enjoy the rewards.
Including an exercise program in your daily routine may be challenging - especially as most people say the reason they don’t exercise is because they don’t have enough time in their day. However, you don’t have to go to the gym, buy expensive equipment or take hours out of your day to accomplish your goals.
Here are a few tips to get you started:
- Have a reason you want to start exercising - but pay attention to how you feel while you’re exercising and after you’re done. Studies show that your extrinsic reason for exercise - your reason why - may help you get started but won’t keep you going. People who recognize how much better they feel after the workout, and recognize the benefits they experience, are the people who keep going.
- Exercise can be as simple as a 20 minute walk after dinner each night, or training for a triathalon. The choice is yours.
- It’s important to NOT overdo it nor set goals you’ll never achieve. You may want to complete a marathon - but start by walking, then a one mile run, then a 3K and onward. Start with what you know you can achieve and continue to set your goals higher and higher.
- Pay attention to how your body feels during and after your workout - don’t workout past pain that is more than tired muscles. You won’t gain anything except an injury that sidelines you for weeks.
- Consider small pieces of equipment for your home - jump rope, rebounder, rowing machine, small indoor bike - to help change what you’re doing each day without having to go to the gym.
- Look for body weight exercise videos on YouTube - you won’t have to go to the gym to get in your strength training. You have everything you need at home.
I live up to my commitments. I follow through on what I promise. I earn the trust of others.
Today, I practice sincerity. I speak my mind with love and respect for myself and others.
1. What can country music teach me about speaking sincerely?
2. How does sincerity make me stronger?
3. What is one thing I have been reluctant to say to someone who is important in my life?
Fact or Fiction?
You might be surprised to learn that apple cider vinegar has an amazing number of health benefits. It is packed with vitamins and minerals, helps reduce your appetite, reduces the pain of arthritis, balances your blood sugar, helps reduce cholesterol and helps support your metabolism. The best apple cider vinegar is made with organic apples and has had minimal processing. Consider taking a tablespoon before lunch and dinner.
Have a wonderful day!
Your Healthy Life America Team